Name Address Google Map Directions Town/Village Description
Eastham Windmill On the green, Eastham Center Eastham Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 1-5 p.m. Sundays. Built in Plymouth about 1680 and moved to Truro in 1770s and then to Eastham in 1793, first to where the National Seashore Salt Pond Visitor Center is now located, and then to its present site in 1808. Restored and maintained, it is both the oldest and last working gristmill on the Cape. Easy access from Route 6 offers all travelers a snapshot of the Cape’s past circa 1700-1800. The Windmill is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Each year, a major Windmill celebration takes place the weekend after Labor Day. Called "Windmill Weekend", the 3 day celebration features music, food and crafts booths, a cookout, a pancake breakfast, a road race & a parade, and much more.
Swift-Daley House Route 6, Eastham Hours: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays through Fridays beginning June 28. The 1741 house, built by Joshua Knowles, is fully furnished from Colonial to Victorian eras with antique furniture, clothing and period artifacts. Site includes tool museum and the Gill Beach Shack salvaged from the spit off Coast Guard Beach. Donations accepted.
Salt Pond Visitor Center Cape Cod National Seashore Route 6 and Nauset Road Eastham Hours: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily. Exhibits, films, bookstore, museum. Expansive views of Nauset Marsh and the Atlantic; walking and biking trails nearby. Ranger-guided programs include archaeology, history and nature walks, marsh explorations, beach campfires, canoe trips, tours and open houses at historic buildings. Many free and family-oriented programs.
Eastham 1869 Schoolhouse Museum 25 Schoolhouse Rd (opposite Salt Pond) Visitor Center off route 6 Eastham July and August: Wed-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Windmill Weekend Saturday 11 a.m.-4 p.m. An 1869 one-room school for grades 1-8. New addition features Eastham artifacts, photographs and memorabilia, including whale jawbone, Civil War relics, more. “Outermost House at the Schoolhouse” exhibit runs through early September. Lecture by Don Wilding of Henry Beston Society on “Henry Beston’s Cape Cod,” 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, July through Sept. 3. Donations accepted.